The Holy Trinity Monastery of Sparmos Olympus is located in northern Thessaly, on the southwest side of Mount Olympus. It is built at an altitude of 1000 m, in the place known as "Skamnitikes Magoules". From Elassona it is 28 km by car.
The name "Sparmos" comes from the homonymous village, which was an old monastery of the Monastery.
According to historical evidence, the history of the Holy Monastery dates back to the Early Turkish Occupation, from the mid-16th century, on the basis of the important information provided by the inscription of the Monastery and the rescued "book of Attention".
From the beginning of the 18th century on, the Holy Trinity of Sparmos Monastery knows great spiritual prosperity, which is inextricably linked to the wider spiritual growth of Hellenism (in the late 18th and early 19th century).
The above spiritual growth is initially confirmed by the existence of a great library, which did not include only theological titles but was additionally composed of manuscripts and works of mathematics and geometry, mythology and ancient Greek literature, languages and grammar, geography and wider encyclopedic knowledge .
Along with the operation of a rich library at the Holy Monastery, it seems that the monks of the Holy Monastery cultivated the bibliodic art, while the existence of a particular bibliographic workshop, in which they systematically dealt with copying and publishing of texts, is very likely.
At the time of the spiritual prosperity of the Monastery, the monks from Sparmos distinguished themselves, in particular, for their contribution to the national liberation struggles. The national action of the monastery began in the rebellion of 1821, culminated in the revolutionary movements of Thessaly in the 19th century and continued through the years of the Macedonian Struggle (1904-1908) and the Balkan Wars (1912-1913).
The advantageous geographic location of the monastery facilitated the systematic provision of help to the kleftes of Olympus. The synod of the Monastery with the Greek chieftains against the Turks is confirmed by the manuscripts of the monks, as well as by the information of the foreign travelers.
At the same time, during the Ottoman domination, the Holy Monastery of the Holy Trinity of Sparmos was a safe "spiritual focus" of the Christians of Elasson and the wider region,
However, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the Monastery gradually began to be deserted. The above devastation and decline of the monastery occurred at a time of major ecclesiastical and political upheavals.
In 1932, the Holy Trinity Monastery was merged into the Holy Monastery of Olympiotisa, in which its movable assets were transferred. During the same period, the abandonment of the Holy Monastery of Sparrow is completed. However, in the late 20th century, after several decades, a new era seemed to dawn for the formerly glorious monastery by manning it with a new brotherhood.